My most treasured portuguese handmade article


It was so difficult to choose - I have many treasured portuguese handmade articles... Objects I've been collecting my whole life! But in the end, the one that keep calling me, was a little cross stitch embroidery my mother made many years ago. 


It used to be lying around the house when I was younger, I remember liking it a lot. It reminded of my own drawings of mountains with red roofed houses in the horizon.
I also remember hearing my mother telling it was not very good: ''the stitches this.. the back that..'', but I always loved it.
So when I moved away for the first time I asked her to bring it with me, and it's been with me ever since. Above all it's an object full of memories - of Portugal itself, of my mother and the house I grew up in. 




Text and Photos by Joana Pedroso aka Trincar Uvas









2 comments:

 

PTteam

Twitter Updates

    Meet The Author

    Hello there!
    We are a team of Etsy sellers with Portugal in our hearts! Our members come from all around the world and our connection is Portugal. Be welcome!