Meet the Members - Helena Rocio Janeiro

olha lá! by Helena Rocio Janeiro
olha lá! by Helena Rocio Janeiro

Nome: Helena Rocio Janeiro
Etsy shop: http://HelenaRocioJaneiro.etsy.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Coração-o-Ditador/648469705182610
Blog: http://coracao-o-ditador.blogspot.pt/

Hello! Could you tell us a little about yourself?

My name is Helena Rocio Janeiro, I live and work in Porto (Portugal) since 1992. I studied fine arts and my "Coração o Ditador" series (in English - The Dictator Heart) is an ongoing project. I've been working on this series since a year and a half ago and the feedback has been very positive urging not to give it up.

What made you choose this art form?

I studied fine arts and in recent years I found in the collages my preferred form of expression. I can tell you that I have a lot of fun with it.

atelier of Helena Rocio Janeiro
atelier of Helena Rocio Janeiro
Why sell on Etsy?

My work has been exhibited in a few galleries and shops and I decided to open my Etsy shop to also share it with you all.


What do you find most inspiring?

I believe everything that surrounds us and has some meaning to us becomes an inspirational source. This can be something really simple (and most of the time even pathetic) or a lifetime event.

bla bla bla (trés exotique) Unmounted by Helena Rocio Janeiro
bla bla bla (trés exotique) Unmounted by Helena Rocio Janeiro

You were involved in the "Mentor Month" program on Etsy. What was the most important thing that you took from it?

"Mentor Month" was really important to me. I could learn all the basics about Etsy and I had the precious help from someone who knows much about the site and already has a very successful shop.


What do you love to hear from your customers?

I love how people can relate with my pieces on a personal level and that they have fun with all the details and hidden messages.

collage by Helena Rocio Janeiro
"não fazemos o que queremos mas no entanto somos reponsáveis por aquilo que somos" ( Jean Paul Sartre) collage by Helena Rocio Janeiro

All photos by Helena Rocio Janeiro.

Check the other Meet the Members interviews.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

PTteam

Twitter Updates

    Meet The Author

    Hello there!
    We are a team of Etsy sellers with Portugal in our hearts! Our members come from all around the world and our connection is Portugal. Be welcome!