Meet the Members - Ligia Rocha

Big Flower Cocktail Ring by Ligia Rocha
Big Flower Cocktail Ring by Ligia Rocha

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/LigiaRochaJewelry
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/ligiarocha/

Hello! Could you tell us a little about yourself?

Hello! My name is Ligia Rocha and I'm 52 years old.
I live and work in Oporto.
I studied at the Fine Arts College of the University of Lisbon. Then I had the opportunity to study goldsmithing at Soares dos Reis School and it was then that I found myself.
When I started my studies of goldsmithing, I started also making jewels to sell to my friends.
I sold, during many years, jewels in stores, art galleries, and museums, and I participated in individual and collective exhibitions in Portugal and overseas.
I like simple things. I'm a person that enjoys the simplicity of life.

Ligia Rocha
Ligia Rocha

What made you choose this craft (art)?

I always enjoyed making accessories and working with the hands. I always studied in art schools and when I got the chance to take a course that enabled me to touch the materials, I fell in love; it was then that I realized what I wanted to do for the rest of my life: jewels!

Why sell on ETSY?

I sell on etsy because it is an amazing platform to make known my work at the same time that I'm selling.
Big Cocktail Ring with stone Leopard Skin Jasper by Ligia Rocha
Big Cocktail Ring with stone Leopard Skin Jasper by Ligia Rocha
What you find most inspiring?

The inspirations comes by what is happening with me at the moment.
The inspiration comes when I seat at the table and explore the materials and shapes that surround me and then I transform them into jewels.
Sometimes I follow projects like trying to find inspiration on the drawings of my nephew.

You were involved in the "Mentor Month" program on Etsy. What was the most important thing that you took from it?

It was a very enriching experience that allowed me to give a new breath to my store; and I also thank my Mentor a lot, for the help!

"DAD" Mens Cufflinks in Sterling Silver by Ligia Rocha
"DAD" Mens Cufflinks in Sterling Silver by Ligia Rocha

What do you like to hear from your customers?

What I like to hear from my customers is when they tell me that my work is beautiful, that is what gives me more strength to go on, and also when they tell me that what they bought is precisely what they wanted.

Brooch by Ligia Rocha

All photos by Ligia Rocha.

Check the other Meet the Members interviews.

1 comments:

  1. Ligia, I love your work! Congrats!

    A escola Soares dos Reis a que te referes é a de artes decorativas, no Porto? Se é essa, é uma grande escola, eu também estudei lá :)

    ReplyDelete

 

PTteam

Twitter Updates

    Meet The Author

    Hello there!
    We are a team of Etsy sellers with Portugal in our hearts! Our members come from all around the world and our connection is Portugal. Be welcome!